The Waltham Alcohol Responsibility Program
The Waltham Alcohol Responsibility Program is a public-private partnership between the RRForum, law enforcement and licensing agencies, and alcohol beverage licensees and their industry partners. The Waltham ARP seeks to lower rates of underage access to commercial alcohol, assist licensees and their communities achieve consistently high compliance with alcohol sales laws, and to promote safe, responsible, and economically vibrant alcohol sales, service and hospitality industries. Waltham, which has worked with RRForum on underage sales prevention since 2006, is the first city to participate in what will be a statewide program.
The Waltham ARP is built upon three elements:
- Periodic feedback to staff and managers on actual conduct in checking IDs as observed by young, legal-age mystery shoppers.
- Adoption of basic Best Practices for Responsible Retailing.
- Enhanced communication among law enforcement, licensing, licensees and their industry partners, and customers. The new Waltham ARP web site contains Responsible Retailing resources for licensees, including clerk/server training opportunities and police guidance on dealing with fake IDs, 3rd party sales and impaired customers. A Waltham ARP Instagram and Facebook page will allow us to communicate with licensees in real time on safety issues.
Waltham licensees can support the Waltham ARP as a member or booster. Members receive quarterly ID-checks by young, legal-age mystery shoppers who provide confidential feedback on actual staff ID-checking conduct, and assistance from RRForum in adopting best practices, quarterly reports and other communications as well as decals and signage that convey the licensee’s commitment to alcohol responsibility and to the safety and well-being of customers, staff and the general community. Boosters receive all quarterly reports and other communications as well as decals and signage that convey the licensee’s commitment to alcohol responsibility and to the safety and well-being of customers, staff and the general community.
- Waltham ARP Best Practices Alcohol Sales Policy
- Web Training
- Post Training Resources
- Mass Package Stores Association
- TIPS Alcohol Training
- False ID Procedures
- Furnishing Alcohol
- Liquor ID
- Minor Transporting
- Underage Purchase
- Waltham Off Premise
- Waltham On Premise
- Protocol & Contact Info for Licensees
- Enforcement Efforts
- Notice Off Premise Sales
- Waltham Police Department
- Waltham Licensing Commission
For more information or to Join the Waltham ARP